What is wait-listing?
The Dhillon School of Business will accept wait-list requests from eligible students who were unable to access required Dhillon School of Business courses (ACCT, AGEM, FINC, HRLR, IGBM, IMGT, MGT, and MKTG) during initial registration for Fall or Spring terms.
There is no wait-listing for summer courses. See wait-listing information for courses offered through other U of L Faculties here.
When can I wait-list?
Wait-listing takes place immediately following initial registration for the term. Registration is prioritized by level (graduate vs undergraduate) and then by completed credit hours. Newly admitted students receive a registration date and time after they confirm their offer.
Students can check the Registration Status page on the Bridge by March 1, 2022 to see when when their Fall 2022 registration opens during initial registration in March (dates TDB). The Dhillon School of Business wait-listing form will open after initial registration.
How do I wait-list?
1. Make sure the following eligibility criteria is met:
- The course must be offered through the Dhillon School of Business in the upcoming term.
- The course is required for your currently declared major(s) and must be taken in the upcoming term for sequencing or graduation.
- You must have previously attempted to register in the course during initial registration for the upcoming term. Initial registration for Fall 2022 is in March (dates TDB).
- You are not already registered in another section of the course online or at your campus or there is no other section of the course online or at your campus with available seats. Section preference is not a valid reason to wait-list.
- The course does not conflict with your other registered courses and does not exceed the 5 course (15 credit hour) limit or you will indicate a course to be dropped in its place on the wait-list request form.
- You do not have any holds on your account.
2. Contact a Dhillon School of Business advisor at your campus to explain the reason for your wait-list request and to obtain a 12-digit wait-list code. The wait-list code is not a guarantee of being wait-listed, but is required to submit a request. Submissions without a valid wait-list code will be discarded without notice.
4. Submit a wait-list request through the Wait-List Request form
What if I am not eligible for wait-listing?
If you are not eligible for wait-listing, you may have other options and can consult with a Dhillon School of Business advisor at your campus. Also, keep in mind there is lots of registration movement and a seat may open up in the course you want in one of the following ways:
- Dhillon School of Business courses (ACCT, AGEM, FINC, HRLR, IGBM, IMGT, MGT, and MKTG) that are initially reserved for specific majors will have the reserves dropped after wait-listing ends which may result in possible available seats.
- Students continually add and drop classes once registration opens for the term. Activity is especially high from the first day of classes until the add deadline. If you are persistent in checking, you may be successful in adding the course.
If you do not meet the wait-list eligibility, but feel you have extenuating circumstances that require you to be in a specific course in the upcoming semester, please contact a Dhillon School of Business advisor at your campus.
The Dhillon School of Business Fall 2022 wait-listing form will open in March (dates TDB).