What is wait-listing?
Dhillon School of Business will accept requests from continuing students who were unable to access required Dhillon School of Business courses during their initial registration dates for Fall (mid-March) and Spring (early November) terms.
Although registration for Summer and Fall take place at the same time mid-March, THERE IS NO WAIT-LISTING FOR SUMMER COURSES. Summer courses are available on a first-come, first-served basis. See wait-listing information for courses offered through other U of L Faculties here.
When can I wait-list?
How do I wait list?
1. Ensure the following eligibility is met:
- You attempted to register during initial registration dates.
- There are no holds on your student record or account.
- The course is offered through the Dhillon School of Business (ACCT, AGEM, FINC, HRLR, IGBM, IMGT, MGT, or MKTG) in the upcoming term.
- The course is required for your currently declared major(s) and must be taken in the upcoming term for sequencing or graduation.
- You are not already registered in another section of the course. In other words, section preference is not a valid reason to wait-list.
- The course does not conflict with your other registered courses and does not exceed the course limit (16.5 credit hours) or you will indicate a course to be dropped in its place on the wait-list request form.
- The course prerequisites and corequisites are met or will be met with registered courses before the beginning of the upcoming term.
2. Contact a Dhillon School of Business advisor at your campus to explain the reason you were not able to register in the course during initial registration and to obtain a 12-character wait-list code. The wait-list code is not a guarantee of being wait-listed, but is required to submit a request. Submissions without a valid wait-list code will be discarded without notice.
3. Look up the course subject & number, and section(s) for the Dhillon course you want to wait-list for on the Bridge.
4. Submit a separate wait-list request for each course through the Wait-List Request form
What if I am not eligible for wait-listing?
If you are not eligible for wait-listing, you may have other options and can consult your Program Planning Guide and/or a Dhillon School of Business advisor at your campus. Also, keep in mind there is lots of registration movement and a seat may open up in the course you want in one of the following ways:
- Lethbridge campus Dhillon School of Business courses (ACCT, AGEM, FINC, HRLR, IGBM, IMGT, MGT, and MKTG) that are initially reserved for specific majors will have the major restrictions dropped sometime after the wait-listing period ends, which may result in possible available seats.
- Students continually add and drop classes once registration opens for the term. Activity is especially high from the first day of classes until the add deadline. If you are persistent in checking, you may be successful in adding the course.
Fall 2024 wait-listing will be available in March 2024.