What is wait-listing?
Dhillon School of Business will accept requests from continuing students who were unable to access required Dhillon School of Business courses during their initial registration dates for Fall (mid-March) and Spring (early November) terms.
THERE IS NO WAIT-LISTING FOR SUMMER COURSES. See wait-listing information for courses offered through other U of L Faculties here.
When can I wait-list?
Wait-listing takes place immediately following initial registration for Spring and Fall terms.
How do I wait list?
1. Ensure the following eligibility is met:
- You attempted to register during your initial registration dates.
- There are no holds on your account.
- The course is offered through the Dhillon School of Business (ACCT, AGEM, FINC, HRLR, IGBM, IMGT, MGT, or MKTG) in the upcoming term.
- The course is required for your currently declared major(s) and must be taken in the upcoming term for sequencing or graduation.
- You are not already registered in an online section of the course or another section at your campus. In other words, section preference is not a valid reason to wait-list.
- The course does not conflict with your other registered courses and does not exceed the course limit (15 credit hours) or you will indicate a course to be dropped in its place on the wait-list request form.
- The course prerequisites and corequisites are met.
2. Contact a Dhillon School of Business advisor at your campus to explain the reason you were not able to register in the course during initial registration and to obtain a 12-digit wait-list code. The wait-list code is not a guarantee of being wait-listed, but is required to submit a request. Submissions without a valid wait-list code will be discarded without notice.
4. Submit a separate wait-list request for each course through the Wait-List Request form
What if I am not eligible for wait-listing?
If you are not eligible for wait-listing, you may have other options and can consult your Program Planning Guide and/or a Dhillon School of Business advisor at your campus. Also, keep in mind there is lots of registration movement and a seat may open up in the course you want in one of the following ways:
- Lethbridge campus Dhillon School of Business courses (ACCT, AGEM, FINC, HRLR, IGBM, IMGT, MGT, and MKTG) that are initially reserved for specific majors will have the reserves dropped immediately after the wait-listing period ends, which may result in possible available seats.
- Students continually add and drop classes once registration opens for the term. Activity is especially high from the first day of classes until the add deadline. If you are persistent in checking, you may be successful in adding the course.
Fall 2022 wait-listing is now closed. The Spring 2023 wait-list request form will be available in November.