Being accredited by AACSB means we are committed to continually improving the quality of business education we offer. Our programs will challenge our students in a way that will prepare them for the ever-changing global business landscape through relevant, rigorous coursework.
Research shows that AACSB accredited schools have:
- more demanding hiring standards for their faculty, meaning our students are taught by leading experts in their field:
- undergraduate and masters students with higher overall GPAs; and
- the majority of their alumni in senior-level or higher positions five years after graduation.
And this is just the start, with AACSB accreditation, we’ll be held accountable to 9 high-quality standards which are reviewed every five years. That means we’ll be innovating the way business education looks for decades to come.
What AACSB accreditation means for our students
The accreditation process ensures that our students are learning the most current material for their fields of study and that through it all we’re connecting them to the global business landscape at large.
Research shows that students who graduate from an AACSB accredited school benefit in many ways;
- they are contenders for jobs from the top global corporations who only hire from AACSB accredited schools;
- they are often offered more competitive salaries;
- they have a better chance of getting into graduate programs; and
- they have more employers interested in them after graduation.
Ultimately, as AACSB alumni, our students will be prepared to lead effectively, taking their place among the world’s most influential entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Societal Impact and AACSB
Standard Nine addresses AACSB's vision that business education is a force for good in society and makes a positive contribution to society. Many business schools have adopted the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a framework for how to achieve societal impact. The Dhillon School of Business is in the process of adopting a similar framework with the addition of Indigenization as a priority over the next five years. AACSB has developed a Societal Impact Dashboard
to show how the AACSB community is working towards various UN SDGs.