Location: B519, B520 and W700B
B5 Computer Labs
Located in B519 and B520, are the main New Media teaching spaces. Because these labs are intended for processor-intensive or specialized tasks relating to New Media, these facilities contain specialized hardware and software not available in other labs on campus. When classes are not in session these facilities are open for student use. Those who are using the lab for word processing and other simple computing needs should, however, use other labs.
W700B Computer Lab
Located in the Asper Centre for New Media, W700B is a smaller computer lab that is equipped with 4 Cintiq Interactive Pen Displays and a large format scanner for animation. When classes are not in session, this facility is open for student use.
Who can use the space
24 hour access - Any New Media students with swipe card access.
All three New Media computer labs are equipped with high-end workstations featuring:
- Two high resolution, color calibrated monitors
- Xeon multi-core processors
- High speed and high capacity RAM
- SSDs and high capacity storage drives
- NVIDIA Quadro GPUs
Each workstation provides access to a wide variety of professional and open source software, including:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Autodesk 3DS Max, Maya, AutoCAD, Mudbox
- Arduino IDE
- DaVinci Resolve
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Unity3D Professional
- Unreal Engine
- Vicon Blade (On marked workstations only)
- Visual Studio Professional