Location: W402A, W402B, W402C
Finishing (online) Suite (W402A)
The Finishing Suite is primarily used for the final stages of video production. It is equipped with software and hardware for colour correction, 5.1 surround sound mixing, and high-resolution video editing.
Editing (offline) Suites (W402B and W402C)
Available for the bulk of post-production work. They are equipped with software and hardware for non-linear video editing and basic audio editing.
Technical Support New Media Technical Specialist- firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking and additional information Jacques Theberge– email@example.com
Who can use the space
Students must be authorized to use the labs by their instructor who contacts the New Media Technical Specialist.
- Courses that utilize the Digital Cinema Suite include: NMED 3010, NMED 3510, NMED 3620 and special topics courses as approved by the Chair of the department.
- Students must have paid the New Media Equipment Deposit in order to access the suite.
- Students not currently enrolled in these classes that have received the appropriate training may still use the suite. Priority access, however, will first be given to students currently enrolled in courses listed above.
Graduate students may use the Digital Cinema Suite, however they must receive the appropriate training from an authorized faculty member.
- High-end MacPro workstation with two HD, color calibrated monitors.
- Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4k
- Workstation htat can output to a 17” Flanders Scientific Broadcast monitor, as well as a 65” TV display
- High capacity thunderbolt RAID provides low latency storage for working on project files.
- Video editing control panel and an audio mixing control panel are available for use
W402B and W402C are each equipped with a high-end iMac workstation, a secondary color calibrated monitor, and a 42” LED TV display. They also include Mackie audio control panels.
All three suites have high fidelity Genelec speakers and have been painted with middle grey colour tone for a colour-neutral production environment. Software includes Adobe Creative Suite, DaVinci Resolve, ProTools, Handbrake, and Microsoft Office.