2021 Summer Camp Procedures & Safety Protocols
- The following still stands as of July 12, 2021 -
• Each camper will have their own table, chair, and locker assigned to them at the beginning of the week and this will be their workspace exclusively.
• While all of the DE camps combined fall under the definition of a cohort (50 people), each camp will be assigned either the Outreach Lab or Outreach Classroom for the week and only those campers and staff will be allowed in the room.
•For the safety of all our participants, the University of Lethbridge continues to require masks in locations that demand multiple-person occupancies such as classrooms, labs, meeting rooms, and relevant studio space. All campers will be required to bring a clean mask to camp each day and will be required to wear them when inside the University
• Tech and equipment will be assigned to an individual camper and disinfected at the end of each week.
• Equipment and materials will be cleaned regularly
• DE Camps will not visit the Nicholas Sheran Spray Park like in previous years.
• All games played outside will align with physical distancing guidelines.
• Campers will visit the pool (opening dependant) every Monday & Tuesday (Tuesday & Thursday as of Week 4) afternoon as a private booking.
*Fridays are back to full days (9am-4pm) unlike last year*
• Staff are not permitted to assist/interact in any way with a camper's belongings including bags, clothing, water bottles, lunches.
• Campers must be able to open and close all packaging sent with them. This includes opening and closing their water bottle.
• All campers must come with a full and labeled water bottle.
• The sharing of food is not permitted.
• Lunch and snacks will be eaten outside.
• Snack times will be staggered, but all campers will eat lunch at the same time.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP
• Drop-off is from 8:30am-9:00am. Pick-up is from 4:00pm-4:30pm. There is no extended care offered.
• Campers will be dropped off/picked up at the S-Parking lot at the North end of the Science Commons.
• Parents are not allowed within the Science Common building.
• All campers will wait outside in the covered North Atrium until 9:00 am each day.
• At 9:00 am campers will travel outside around the building to the Outreach Space and enter through the East Atrium Doors to eliminate the need to walk through the building.
• Please be aware that the Science Commons is locked and after 9:00 am there will be no one out front to greet you.
• If you know that you are running behind, it is very important that you call or text 403-915-0651 (the camp cell phone) to let us know.