UofL Campus Protocols
Whether you are participating in a DE program or just dropping someone off, everyone must adhere to the Accessing Campus Protocols. Full details are available here.
- Until October 31st, 2021 anyone entering the University of Lethbridge aged 12 and over is required to show proof of vaccination or a negative rapid test that has been conducted in the previous 72 hours. Vaccination and rapid testing requirements apply to all individuals and groups whether they are attending an event, participating in a University program, or utilizing a University facility.
- After November 1st, 2021 all individuals aged 12 and over are required to be vaccinated.
- The Government of Alberta has launched a vaccine record service and is creating a QR code to help identify vaccinated Albertans. Paper documentation is acceptable at this time for our community members
- All participants, parents, and staff will be required to wear a mask when inside the University of Lethbridge
COVID-19 Physical Distancing Expectations
- Participants must keep a 2-meter distance between themselves and others including staff, and volunteers while attending DE programming.
- Participants must not touch others including, staff, or volunteers.
- Participants will be pre-assigned a desk, chair, and locker (a workstation) while at DE programs and are not allowed to interact, touch or travel to another workstation.
- As staff are not permitted to assist with a participant’s personal belongings (including bags, clothing, and opening food or drinks), participants must be able to carry and open their personal items unassisted.
- Participants must not share food with others.
- Participants will be required to wash their hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub before and after each activity and snack/lunch breaks.
- Masks are mandatory for everyone (parents, staff and participants) while inside the University of Lethbridge including in the Outreach Classroom and Lab.
- Masks do not need to be worn outside during physical activity but may be required during the day when outdoor physical distancing cannot be maintained.
• Each participant will have their own table, chair, and locker assigned to them and this will be their workspace exclusively.
• The Outreach facility will not exceed 50 people. If 2 groups are present, each program will be assigned either the Outreach Lab or Outreach Classroom and only those participants and staff will be allowed in the room.
•For the safety of all our participants, the University of Lethbridge continues to require masks in locations that demand multiple-person occupancies such as classrooms, labs, meeting rooms, and relevant studio space. All campers will be required to bring a clean mask and will be required to wear them when inside the University
• Tech and equipment will be assigned to an individual participant and disinfected at the end of each program.
• Equipment and materials will be cleaned regularly
• All games played outside will align with physical distancing guidelines.
• Staff are not permitted to assist/interact in any way with a participant's belongings including bags, clothing, water bottles, lunches.
• Participants must be able to open and close all packaging sent with them. This includes opening and closing their water bottle.
• All participants must come with a full and labeled water bottle.
• The sharing of food is not permitted.
• Lunch and snacks will be eaten outside.
Canceled by us:
- Programs canceled due to insufficient enrolment or instructor availability will be fully refunded
- Summer Camps are permitted to run under Step 4 of provincial guidelines. If in-person camps are unable to run, you will be refunded the full amount. A virtual option will also be offered at a lower price.
Cancellation by you
- A $20 cancellation/$10 transfer fee is charged for each activity/program cancellation or transfer.
- The administration fee is not applicable on refunds due to enrollment quotas.
- All cancellations/transfers must be received in writing, by Sport & Recreation Services before consideration.
- Canceling within 7 working days and 1 working day prior to the commencement of the activity/program will result in a 50% refund of the original registration fee – the materials portion of registration will not be refunded.
- Refunds/transfers will not be considered from 1 day prior to the commencement of the activity/program
- Refund requests received after the start of the activity/program will be considered on an individual basis. These requests need to go to the appropriate program supervisor for approval.