Our Faculty & Their Research
Faculty members are happy to involve undergraduate students in their research projects, often collaborating with other departments, community members and employers on research projects. That gives you the opportunity to get additional hands-on experience. One of the U of L’s Research Centres focuses on Biochemistry and specifically on RNA research.
The Alberta RNA Research and Training Institute (ARRTI) is dedicated to foster and facilitate RNA research and training excellence, to contribute to the multidisciplinary research and teaching community at the University of Lethbridge, its surrounding communities and beyond, ultimately facilitating transfer of leading-edge knowledge into the private sector as well as academia.
Who we are: The Southern Alberta Genome Sciences Centre (SAGSC) is a research centre at the University of Lethbridge and the leading hub of BioNet Alberta, a network of genomic and bioinformatics scientists across the province.
What we do:
- Facilitate the generation, storage, analysis and integration of omics data.
- Empower scientists and build collaborations.
- Drive innovation in teaching in the fields of bioinformatics and genomics.
- Coordinate and deliver science outreach activities for youth and the community.
Canadian Center for Hydrodynamics
The Canadian Center for Hydrodynamics offers comprehensive solution characterization services for scientists studying nanoscale molecules in the solution phase by high-resolution biophysical solution methods such as analytical ultracentrifugation. Our approach is based on problem solving for research challenges in biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology, material science, polymer science and related areas of physical sciences.
You may also have the opportunity to participate in external studies or gain employment with local researchers at the Federal and Provincial research agencies or in private industry.
Current Research and Areas of Interest:
- Antibiotics & Bio-Nanomachines
- RNA Structure and Function
- Biochemical Systems
- RNA Processing Enzymes
- Cellular Protein Factories
- Plant Hormones
- Cellular Effects of Ionizing Radiation
- Genetic & Molecular Mechanisms
- DNA Repair & Genome Stability
- Plant Development & Pattern Formation
- Cancer Research Formation
- Carbon Utilization
For more detailed research information, see Contributing Departments in the menu to your left.