Students with Permanent Disabilities

The Accommodated Learning Centre offers a range of sevices to accomodate our students with their learning needs. Many service costs can be covered by government grants depending on eligibility. Please visit their page here.

Students who have a permanent disability may be considered for certain grants when they apply for a student loan:

  • Canada Student Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities
  • Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities
  • Alberta Grant for Students with Disabilities

Students may also have the option to study at a reduced course load and still be considered full-time, you would indicate this on the Schedule 4

Students can apply for the loan and then use the Electronic Document Upload (eDoc Upload) feature to submit additional forms/documents via your MADI account or you can mail your documents:

  • Alberta Student Aid, Disability Unit, PO Box 28000 Station Main, Edmonton  AB   T5J 4R4