Award FAQ's


If you have received an award, scholarship or bursary, congratulations! Please read all the information below as it outlines specific details about receiving your award(s).

The following information is required before your award can be released:

  • Social Insurance Number (SIN). A SIN is required before any awards can be issued to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents. You can provide your SIN through the Bridge, under 'Personal Information'. International students are NOT required to provide a SIN.
  • Full-time enrolment (unless otherwise specified). Undergraduate students must be enrolled full-time (minimum 9.0 credit hours per semester). Our office will contact you prior to the Add/Drop deadline if you do not meet the enrolment requirements for your award.
  • Application to graduate. If you are completing your degree requirements in the upcoming term please email, requesting full payment be issued by the end of the term. You must have submitted an application for graduation before the payment will be released. Include your name and ID number in all correspondence.

Our office will complete continuous enrolment confirmations. If you withdraw from full-time studies after having received a payment for an award, award balances on your student account and future disbursements will be forfeited.


  • Awards are automatically applied to your uLethbridge student account. Please review your award notification email for disbursement dates.
  • Awards will be issued in two equal payments* over the Fall and Spring semesters. Please review your award notification email for specific disbursement dates and when you can receive your funds.
  • IMPORTANT: the cash office will not release your awards prior to the date stated on your award notification email.
  • If you have fees owing at the time of disbursement, your award will be applied to your tuition and fees. 
  • If NO fees are outstanding, there are four options:
    • Leave on your student account. You can leave your award(s) on your student account to cover future tuition and fees. No action is required for this option.
    • In-person direct deposit (Cash Office, AH178). Please visit the cash office website for current operations information. For in person direct deposit, ensure the funds have been placed on your student account (you can check via the Bridge). Please bring picture ID and your bank card.
    • Mailed cheque. Please email to request a cheque be mailed directly to you, after the noted disbursement dates in your award notification email. Be sure to use your uleth email account and include your current mailing address & student ID number.
    • Direct deposit. You can arrange for funds to be deposited into your personal bank account via the Bridge. Under Student’ find ‘Student Account’ and click ‘Direct Deposit’ then enter your banking information. Once this is complete, email the Cash Office ( for a refund of your award. Send the request from your uleth email. For verification purposes, be sure to include your full name, student ID, the last three digits of your bank account number and one course you were registered in last term. Please complete this after the noted disbursement dates in your award notification email.

*Exclusions to split equal payments are: awards that cover tuition and fees, if you are completing degree requirements at the end of December or if the award specifies otherwise. Your award notification email will provide you with all disbursement details.


If you are graduating at the end of the current semester you can still receive the full payment of your award (even if you are part-time).

To do so

  1. Email us at to let us know you expect to complete your requirements to graduate this semester. This will ensure we do not revoke your award.
  2. Ensure you submit your application to graduate by the applicable deadline. Award payment will be issued upon confirmation of that graduation application. Please visit application for graduation for more information.
  • Yes, in some cases. In February a T4A information slip for awards paid in the previous calendar year (Jan-Dec) will be available.
  • To find your T4A:
    • Log onto the Bridge, click on ‘Employee’.
    • Click on Tax Forms

If you are no longer attending the U of L, you MUST cancel your registration prior to the start of the term to avoid being charged for courses! Please let our staff know so that we can re-assign award(s) to other deserving students.


Would you like more information about the award(s) you are receiving?  Please email or call 403-329-2585.

More award guidelines and policies can be found in the UofL Academic Calendar.