Only not-for-profit organizations – including consumer, voluntary and advocacy organizations, educational institutions, and industry & trade associations – are eligible for funding.
- For profit organizations
- Political parties and organizations involved in partisan political activity
- Current or former public office holders or public servants who are not in compliance with the Conflict of Interest Act, the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Service, the Lobbying Act, or any other relevant guidelines, principles or codes relating to conflict of interest or post-employment
Contributions Program Budget
The budget for the OPC's Contributions Program is $500,000 annually. We are making the entire amount available as part of the present call for applications.
We will award up to $50,000 to any single project and a maximum of $100,000 per recipient organization. See Section 2 below for more information on the theme for this year’s call.
Please note that the program’s budget may be cancelled, reduced or increased if funding levels are changed by Parliament.
1) Strengthen existing privacy research capacity in academic and not-for-profit sectors
2) Generate new knowledge and support the development of expertise in selected areas of privacy and data protection
3) increase awareness and understanding among individuals and organizations among Canada of their privacy rights and obligations
4) Promote uptake and application of research results by relevant stakeholders