WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
LAW- UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY (PRE-PROFESSIONAL TRANSFER)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Management
Intake:Fall & Spring
About the Law (University of Calgary) Pre-professional Transfer program
Students at uLethbridge may prepare themselves to apply for admission to a number of professional programs offered at other institutions. Law at the University of Calgary is one of these programs. Students can gain the courses and experience to apply to Law by pursing a Bachelor of Arts at the uLethbridge with a major of the student's choice. There are no formal pre-Law course requirements. The Faculty of Law at the University of Calgary recognizes that students may benefit from a diverse educational background and seeks to attract applicants from business, pure science, the humanities, and the social sciences. Students should enroll in undergraduate courses that develop analytical and reasoning skills and that stress the use of the English language.
The courses that best fit this description are found in the humanities and social sciences. Examples of majors that may be of interest include:
- Human Resource and Labour Relations
- Political Science
Admission to the University of Calgary Law program is by quota and is competitive. Students may apply to Law after completing 30 courses, however students may have to finish their degree to be competitive. Admission to Law is not solely based on the courses completed and the GPA obtained, academic and extracurricular involvement at uLethbridge is strongly recommended. This can include applied studies, co-op work terms and volunteering.
- Philosophy 3404 - Philosophy of Law
- Economics 1010 - Introduction to Microeconomics
- Economics 1012-Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Logic 1000 - Critical Thinking
- Political Science 2210 - Canadian Politics and Government
- Sociology 3510 - Crime and Delinquency
- Management 3010 - Management Law
- Management 3860 - Law and Institutions of International Trade
- Psychology 4880 - Advanced Social Psychology