Early Start Experience (ESE) promotes student success and to eases the transition from high school to university.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted, as long as space remains, until August 20, 2021.
Date: August 23 to September 3, 2021
Cost: Standard uLethbridge tuition fees for one course (part of student’s total 40 courses)
- Early Move-in to Residence ONLY for those staying in selected Residence Housing for 2020-21 year: Early move-in cost for two additional weeks TBD.
- Meal plan is required for those living in Residence; optional full or partial meal plan available for those not living in Residence. Cost for full meal plan approximately $650.
Either in-person or online, to be determined by May 2021, at the latest.
- Acceptance to the Early Start Experience is conditional on being accepted to uLethbridge for the Fall 2021 term. ESE is open to students in all majors/programs.
- Registration | You will be registered in Summer Session III for the course LBED 1500, as an Open Studies student. Complete the Open Studies application form (PDF) at /sites/ross/files/imported/forms/OpenStudiesRegForm.pdf and select “Early Start” in the last section.
- There is an initial $100.00 fee ($20.00 open studies fee/$80.00 tuition deposit); once you send in the form you will be contacted about payment information.
- What will it be like? | The program will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, Monday to Friday, starting on the morning of Monday, August 23. (Note: We will end early, probably 1 p.m., on the last Friday, September 3.) But we are not expecting you to sit through lectures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day for two weeks! There will be 2 to 3 hours of lecture per day most days, but that will be broken up and interspersed with lots of activities, tours, discussion time etc.
Dr. Shelly Wismath
Dean, School of Liberal Education