The objective CAAIF Research Fellowship in Immunology is to:
- Increase Canadian research capacity in the area of Clinical Immunology,
- Support the research career of promising researchers, and
- Produce high-quality research in Clinical Immunology
There is one Fellowship available in the amount of $50,000.
The Fellowship is for one year, non-renewable. Fellowships must commence within six (6) months of receiving the Award.
Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2022 at 11:59 pm in the time zone of the applicant
- Applicant must be a postdoctoral fellow or in a research-based fellowship* (PhD, MD or equivalent)
- Applicant must currently be undertaking research training.
- The award must be held at a Canadian university or research institute defined as an eligible institution by CIHR
* Residents currently completing their Allergy and Clinical Immunology training are not eligible to hold this Fellowship.
The quality of the trainee, the research project and the training environment will be considered by the Committee that will adjudicate the Fellowship. More specifically, points considered in the assessment of an application are as follows:
- Academic achievements of the applicant
- Quality and clarity of the proposed research project and the potential to increase research capacity in the area of Clinical Immunology
- Appropriateness of the proposed research or training project to further the applicant's research career
- Publication record of the applicant and contributions to published work
- Supervisor qualifications as a mentor and strength of learning environment
- Strength of references
CONDITIONS OF FUNDING
- A final report on the results of the research project must be submitted no later than six (6) months after completion of the research project.
- Awardees may be invited to present resulting research findings at future CSACI Annual Scientific Meetings or CAAIF events.
- Awardees must acknowledge the assistance given by CAAIF and Takeda Canada in any publication or presentation made during or resulting from the tenure of the Fellowship.
- Awardees are required to notify CAAIF immediately of any and all additional awards received during the tenure of the Award. This award cannot normally be held concurrently with other fellowship or similar support over $10,000/annum.
- Other terms and conditions as detailed in letter of award.
TERMINATION OF THE AWARD
This Award may be terminated at any time with 30 days written notice for good and sufficient reason by the Awardee, the host University/Institution or CAAIF. If terminated, all unspent funds as at the termination date, must be returned immediately to CAAIF.
Candidates are requested to complete the online Fellowship application form.