Reckitt is seeking alternative germ-killing actives to quaternary ammonium for use in Lysol and Dettol that are equally effective at low concentrations, high dilutions, and direct replacement volumes.
At Reckitt, we turn scientific breakthroughs into everyday consumer hygiene solutions for today, tomorrow and the future. As one of the world’s largest consumer product companies, we have the breadth of experience to unlock and develop the value of potential innovations. Our product portfolio across health, hygiene and nutrition include trusted brands like Lysol, Dettol, Finish, Vanish, Harpic, Mortein, and Air Wick. Partner with us and bring your ideas to life!
Solutions of interest include:
- Technologies that fully replace quats
- Technologies that use quats at low levels (<1%) in combination with an alternative active ingredient
Our must-have requirements are:
- Achieves germ kill of at least 3 log reduction (99.9%) within 5 to 30 minutes (1 hour max)
- Achieves germ kill when the finished formula is diluted in water at 1:125 to 1:50
- Capable of passing testing methods EN 1276 and/or ASTM E2274
- Able to be produced at high commercial volumes (>60t/annually) at a reasonable cost