Harrington Discovery Institute (HDI) at University Hospitals and the Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) announce a joint request for proposals for the 2021 ADDF-Harrington Scholar Award. This unique award provides both funding and committed project support by a team of pharmaceutical industry experts and is designed to accelerate the translation of innovative research that could treat, prevent, or slow Alzheimer's disease or related dementias. This year's RFP seeks programs that focus on all novel approaches for Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, with a particular emphasis on the areas of proteostasis and epigenetics. It provides up to $600,000 of funding support for two years.
Award benefits include:
- Grant funding
- A virtual pharma team to provide expertise
- Business and commercialization advice
- Ability to maximize potential for clinical success
- Academic investigators at accredited medical centers, research institutions, and universities in the United States, Canada and United Kingdom only are eligible to apply.
- Lead investigator must have an MD, a PhD, or equivalent.
- Proposals should show potential to advance discovery into meaningful therapeutics to treat, prevent, or slow Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias.
- Team should possess intellectual property (IP) or have potential for novel IP that has not yet been licensed to a for-profit entity.
- Researchers working on drug development programs that are relevant to but not presently focused on the Alzheimer’s field are encouraged to apply.
Letter of Intent Deadline: April 23rd, 2021, 5:00 PM EDT