The Canadian Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Foundation (CAAIF) is a charitable foundation whose mission is to invest in research leading to new and better treatments that improve the lives of Canadians living with allergy, asthma and immunologic diseases.
ABOUT THE TOP 10 CHALLENGE
The Top 10 Challenge is an awareness, empathy and fundraising campaign that takes place the last 10 days of February. Participants are encouraged to 'live a day on the plate' of someone with food allergies. All funds raised, goes to supporting this research grant.
The objective of the CAAIF Top 10 Challenge Food Allergy Research Grant is to fund a patient-oriented food allergy research grant.
- The research must take place in Canada.
- The proposed work must be completed within a 12-month period.
- Preference will be given to investigators who have not received this award within the past two years.
- Specific impact and relevance of project to the understanding of the mechanisms and management of food allergy and its potential impact for patients and families with food allergy (including but not limited to its development, persistence, desensitization, remission, diagnosis, clinical manifestation)
- Scientific strengths of the proposed methodology
- Demonstrated ability of applicant/collaborators to realistically achieve proposed project objectives
- Appropriatness of budget for the work proposed
- The ability of the proposal to be completed within a one-year term