The objective CAAIF Research Fellowship in Type 2 Inflammation is to:
- Increase Canadian research capacity in the area of Type 2 Inflammation,
- Support the research career of promising researchers, and
- Produce high-quality research in Type 2 Inflammation
The Fellowship will cover up to $75,000 primarily for the applicants salary expenses a maximum of $25,000 of which may be used for other expenses directly related to the proposed project work. This includes a maximum of $5,000 travel allowance.
The Fellowship is for one year, non-renewable. Fellowships must commence within (6) months of receiving the Award.
- Applicant must be a postdoctoral fellow or in a research-based fellowship* (PhD, MD or equivalent)
- Applicant must currently be undertaking research training.
- The award must be held at a Canadian University of research institute defined as an eligible institution by CIHR
*Residents currently completing their Allergy and Clinical Immunology training are not eligible to hold this Fellowship.