The Canadian Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Foundation (CAAIF) is a charitable foundation whose mission is to invest in research leading to new and better treatments that improve the lives of Canadians living with allergy, asthma and immunologic diseases.
ABOUT MIRAVO HEALTHCARE
Miravo is a Canadian focused, healthcare company with global reach and a diversified portfolio of commercial products. The Company's products target several therapeutic areas, including pain, allergy, neurology and dermatology. The Company's strategy is to in-license and acquire growth-oriented, complementary products for Canadian and international markets.
The objective of the CAAIF-Miravo Healthcare Research Grant in Allergic Rhinitis or Urticaria is to fund a research grant focused on the area of allergic rhinitis or urticaria.
VALUE OF THE AWARD
The maximum value of the award is $25,000.
The Research Grant is for one year, non-renewable.
Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2022 at 11:59 pm in the time zone of the applicant
- The award must be held at a Canadian university or research institute defined as an eligible institution by CIHR
- Preference will be given to investigators who have not received this award within the past two years.
- Specific impact and relevance of project to the understanding of the mechanisms and management of allergic rhinitis (including but not limited to its development, persistence, desensitization, remission, diagnosis, clinical manifestation)
- Scientific strengths of the proposed methodology
- Demonstrated ability of applicant/collaborators to realistically achieve proposed project objectives
- Appropriatness of budget and timeline for the work proposed
CONDITIONS OF FUNDING
- A final report on the results of the research project must be submitted no later than six (6) month after completion of the research project
- Awardee must provide a video with a brief explanation of the project for the CAAIF Virtual Gala
- Awardees may be invited to present resultant research findings at future CSACI Annual Scientific Meetings or other CAAIF events
- Awardees must acknowledge the assistance given by CAAIF and Miravo Healthcare in any publication or presentation made during or resulting from the tenure of the Award.
- Other terms and conditions as detailed in letter of award.