The Canadian Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Foundation (CAAIF) is a charitable foundation whose mission is to invest in research leading to new and better treatments that improve the lives of Canadians living with allergy, asthma and immunologic diseases. Immunodeficiency Canada's mission is to improve the lives of people with Primary Immunodeficiency by promoting early diagnosis and effective treatments and through leadership in research, education and advocacy in partnership with healthcare professionals, volunteers, industry and government.
The objective of the CAAIF-Immunodeficiency Canada Research Fellow/Early Investigator Award in Immunodeficiency is to support early career investigators doing research into advancement of knowledge into understanding the molecular and genetic basis of primary immunodeficiency as well as breakthroughs in novel treatments for these conditions.
- The research must take place in Canada at an affiliated teaching intitution or research institute.
- Supervisor (if applicable) must have an academic appointment in that University of Institute.
- Applicant must be either:
- postdoctoral fellow, in a research-based fellowship, OR
- early investigator within the first five years (with adjustment made for career interruptions*) of completing their degree (PhD or equivalent) and/or residency training**.