Brain Canada is pleased to be partnering with Alzheimer’s Association (ALZ) to jointly launch the Advancing Research on Care and Outcome Measurement (ARCOM) funding program, an international and collaborative competition aimed at addressing the significant measurement gaps in care and outcomes across diverse and underrepresented populations and stages of dementia. This program will provide an exceptional opportunity for Canadian researchers to join the international research community and contribute to an underfunded area of focus to help ensure care providers are implementing evidence-based practices and achieving desired outcomes. Through this partnership, Brain Canada is committing up to the equivalent of $750,000 CAD to Canadian-led teams who meet peer review recommendations.
- Only established,independent investigators are eligible as evidenced by:
- Academic appointment (Assistant Professor and above or the equivalent at your institution);
- Major, peer-reviewed, external multi-year grant support on which the applicant is the principal investigator (PI);
- Quality and independence of publication record
- The Alzheimer’s Association recognizes the need to increase the number of scientists from underrepresented groups in the research enterprise. Researchers from these groups are encouraged to apply.
Letter of Intent Deadline: May 5, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET
Application Deadline: June 29, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET
Application Review: July-August
Award Notifications: August 30, 2021