Program purpose is to Promote research activities for emerging researchers in Korea and Canada, and provide overseas research experiences and increase research capabilities through participation in R&D projects between universities in both countries.
- Coming deadline: March 2, 2021 (NRF was firm on the deadline, but they might extend it if the university endorsement takes more time on the Canadian side and therefore prevents applications from going through on time. If this is the case for your institution, please let me know.)
- Themes: all fields of science and technology, interdisciplinary studies involving S&T and Humanities or Social Sciences
- Priority themes: Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Technologies, Green Economy, Pandemic Preparedness
- Co-funding: $2K contribution is required from the Canadian university
- Award: approximately between $10K and $16K
- Process: the Korea PI or students will contact the local Mitacs representative in order to request the Canadian university endorsement and signature before the submission deadline
- Submission: the Korean PI can apply online at http://ernd.nrf.re.kr
- For full details about this call for applications, please find attached the translated information from the NRF website.