Our Faculty & Their Research
Faculty members in all participating departments are happy to involve undergraduate students in their research, using state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. Our faculty members often collaborate with other departments, community members and employers on research projects—giving students the opportunity to get additional hands-on experience.
Our location’s strong farming and ranching economy offers the opportunity to experience the practical application of agricultural research and methodology. Students may have the opportunity to participate in field studies or gain employment with local researchers at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Lethbridge Research Centre, the Animal Disease Research Institute, Lethbridge College and numerous agriculturally based businesses throughout Southern Alberta.
Current faculty research areas include:
- Livestock Production, Marketing & Trade
- Grain & Oilseed Production, Marketing & Trade
- Property Rights & Natural Resource Stewardship
- Water Supplies & Competing Demands
- Farm Business Management
- Government Interventionism in Agri-Food Markets
- Economics of Food Safety, Quality & Health
- Agriculture, Development & Food Security
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship in Agri-Business
- Agricultural Bio-Technology