Members of the Institute operate several focus laboratories including:
• a laboratory for structure and function of small noncoding RNAs,
• a laboratory for biomolecular design and engineering,
• a laboratory for systems biology and mathematical modeling,
• a laboratory for synthetic biology, and
• a laboratory for biomolecular modeling.
These facilities allow members to conduct research in several areas:
• Cell culture and fermentation
• Biomolecular structure determination (X-ray crystallography)
• Biophysics equipment cluster
• Fluorescence spectroscopy (single molecule and ensemble)
• Computational chemistry (computer modeling)
SynBridge, a synthetic biology maker-space, offers additional infrastructure.