Benefits Enrollment: Continuing Faculty

Getting started with benefits enrollment

Please fill out all forms below, unless they are identified as optional, and return them to Human Resources along with any required supplemental documents. You will be provided information in your benefits enrollment email regarding options to submit completed forms and personal documents. You may send an encrypted email to or use the secure cloud storage option provided by an HR Services Coordinator.

For more information on your pension and benefits:

HR Hub | Pension & Benefits

Questions about completing the forms?

Contact our HR Services Coordinators:

Specific questions regarding your benefits?

Contact our Pension and Benefits Advisors:

Alberta Blue Cross Group Benefits Plan

Alberta Blue Cross is the University of Lethbridge carrier for Extended Health Care and Dental Plans. Your benefits start on the first day of work, however, it can take up to two weeks to get your card from Alberta Blue Cross.


Extended Health and Dental Form


Required Supplemental Documents:

  • Your Alberta Personal Health Card
  • An Alberta Personal Health Card for your spouse (if applicable)


Submitting Claims with Alberta Blue Cross

To submit a claim, you will have to register for access to the Alberta Blue Cross online services portal. You will also need to provide your direct deposit information for reimbursement purposes during the registration process. Please keep all receipts if you are using your benefits prior to getting your card.


Mandatory Basic Life Insurance (Great West Life) 


Basic Life Insurance Form


Required Payroll Forms

These forms are to set up your payroll. If you have access to the Bridge, you have the option to update your TD1 Personal Tax Credits online instead of the TD1 forms below.

  • For assistance with filling out your Federal and Alberta tax forms, please contact the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281.
  • To learn more about personal income taxes and starting work in Canada, please refer to this guide provided by the Canada Revenue Agency.


Direct Deposit Form

Federal: 2024 Personal Tax Credits Return

Alberta: 2024 Alberta Personal Tax Credits Return


Universities Academic Pension Plan (UAPP)


UAPP Designation of Spouse and Non-spouse Beneficiary

UAPP Optional Service Acknowledgement Form


Required Supplemental Documents:

  • Personal Identification documents (a passport or birth certificate)
  • Personal Identification documents for your spouse (if applicable)
  • Marriage certificate (if applicable)


Domestic Partner or Spousal Declaration Form

Please Note:  This form is only needed if you have a partner and/or you cannot find your marriage certificate.  


Domestic Partner and Spousal Declaration Form


Optional Benefit Forms 

You have the option to:

  1. Purchase additional life insurance on top of the mandatory basic life insurance.
  2. Purchase Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance. 

For more information, please contact