Supporting Students in Distress
Faculty and Staff play an integral role in students' well-being. Due to our small campus size and our close interactions with students, you may easily come across a student who is clearly in distress. The following resources are provided to help you manage this type of situation.
- Identifying Students in Distress
- How and When to Refer
- Faculty's Role
- Worried about a student? Consultation available - contact the office. 403-317-2845
- Worrisome Behaviour? If you would like to report worrisome or concerning behaviour you can complete a Behavioural Intervention Report.
Our creative dynamic team uses interactive technologies and can present on a variety of topics
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
The UofL EFAP is a confidential resource provided to help faculty, staff and family members (who are under the benefit program) enhance their personal and workplace function.
The EFAP offers:
- Identification and assessment of personal, family and work-related problems;
- Short-term counselling and consultation
- Referral to appropriate services and resources