Beginning in Fall 2023, two annual bursaries worth $10,000 each will give University of Lethbridge students studying remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS) or geography a financial boost for the next five years thanks to a donation from TECTERRA, a Calgary-based, non-profit organization dedicated to the development of geospatial technology.
Since its inception in 2009, TECTERRA has supported hundreds of emerging technology startups and subject matter experts with financial support, expertise and coaching — and helped diversify Canada’s economy in the process.
The bursaries will go to full-time undergraduate students enrolled in remote sensing, computer science with GIS or geography. Students intending to pursue a career in GIS, remote sensing, land surveying, software development, spatial modelling, mapping or cartography, and those with experience in innovation and entrepreneurship, will be given preference. The awards will be given to students based on the number of credit hours they’ve completed and financial need.
How to apply: Students should apply via the Bridge by completing the General Application and the Undergraduate applications. The award applications will open in mid January and they will be able to apply between then and the May 1st deadline.
Terms of Reference
TECTERRA GEOMATICS BURSARY
- Full-time undergraduate students enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Remote Sensing
- Computer Science with GIS
- Preference for students intending to pursue a career in GIS, remote sensing, land surveying, software development, spatial modeling, mapping, or cartography, and/or with experience in entrepreneurship and innovative activities.
Criteria-ranking the pool:
- Cumulative credit hours completed
- Financial Need
- Payment upon confirmation of full-time enrolment at the University of Lethbridge in Fall and Spring semesters immediately following the granting of the award.
- Students may only receive this award once.
Application Deadline: May 1