Faculty members involve students in their research projects, using state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, often collaborating with other departments, community members and employers. The Department also participates in research with all levels of government, the corporate world and a number of national and international research consortiums.
The Department also hosts the Alberta Terrestrial Imaging Centre. ATIC is a world-class remote sensing centre that seeks to provide geospatial solutions in a wide array of applications. You may also have the opportunity to participate in field studies or gain employment with faculty. That gives you the opportunity to get lots of additional hands-on experience.
Our faculty are among the best equipped in Canada to support our research. We have cutting-edge technology to ensure the highest quality research opportunities.
Our Department offers an excellent centre for field-based research and teaching as we are situated in the coulees of the Oldman River, in close proximity to the Rocky Mountains, surrounded by range lands and areas of intense agricultural activity, and within a few hours of large urban centres.
Faculty at the University of Lethbridge find themselves in a unique position to:
- access excellent undergraduate students who can provide research assistance;
- collaborate with faculty outside of the Department of Geography on joint projects and research areas;
- access exceptionally well-equipped facilities both on and off campus;
- have access to personal research lab space;
- work with community members and local industry on various projects and initiatives.
Learn more about our research groups via the links on the left of the page.