- Computer Lab for GIS and Remote Sensing courses.
- The Department has licenses for a wide range of industry-standard geospatial software, including a site license for ArcGIS, MapInfo, Vertical Mapper, and image analysis Software (ENVI and PCI).
- This lab is also available to students after hours. Contact Marcus Dostie for after-hours access.
- Physical Sciences Lab (Soils Lab).
- Typically this lab is only available for access during class hours, for safety and security reasons.
The Department holds state-of-the-art field equipment for teaching and research:
- Total Stations
- GPS enabled Trimble Handheld Computers
- Navigational GPS systems
- Silva Ranger Compasses
- Brunton Pocket Transits (precision compass)
- Stream Flow Probes
- We also carry a selection of standard geographical and archaeological field equipment (Shovels, Trowels, Coring Tools, etc.)
The department also has a wide variety of classroom and lab teaching equipment:
- Rock and Fossil Collection
- Aerial Photograph Collection
- Topographic Map Collection
- Fully Equipped Soils Laboratory
With our building being situated in the coulees of the Oldman River and our proximity to the Rocky Mountains, the prairies, numerous rivers and the Milk River Ridge, as well as to agricultural and a variety of urban centres, our department offers an excellent starting point for field-based research and teaching.