Promoting health and wellness.
Horns Recreation is committed to providing health and wellness as a lifestyle choice for all members of our community. Whether for competition or fun, our top-notch sport and recreation facilities give people of all ages and abilities a place to get moving.
- The 1st Choice Centre for Sport & Wellness provides gymnasia, fitness centre, indoor running track, climbing wall and steam room facilities, in addition to classrooms and administrative offices. The facility opened in January 2007 after a two year construction project that included
- Renovations to existing buildings
- Construction of new facilities
- The $31 million facility attracts thousands of students, community members and visitors each year
- A triple gymnasium (2 hardwood floors and 1 synthetic surface), with retractable seating for 2000 spectators; suitable for hosting major sporting events as well as conferences and speaking engagements
- A new expanded fitness centre along with a four-lane 200 metre indoor running track
- Multi-purpose studios for yoga, dance and fitness classes allow for more fitness programming for all ages
- Universal change rooms and expanded locker rooms with steam rooms