Spring 2022 Registration is now OPEN!
If you are a student of the University of Lethbridge and would like to register for disability supports, the following are steps to help you prepare for your meeting:
- How to Register Step-by-Step Guide - This guide includes all disability documentation requirements, as well as a step-by-step overview of the registration process.
Please email "firstname.lastname@example.org" with your inquiry and the link to the Accommodated Learning Centre Submission Form will be provided as applicable.
Please do not email, mail, or fax your documents.
- Students are encouraged to bring a copy of the permanent disability documentation requirements to their Medical Practitioner to serve as a reference guide. Providing this information to the Medical Practitioner will ensure that all requirements are indicated in the documentation. Please review "Step 1" of the How to Register Step-by-Step Guide to obtain a copy of the documentation requirements.
1. Obtain documentation highlighting your diagnoses from your:
- Medical Specialist
2. Good documentation will include:
- Frequency/Severity of Impact of diagnosis
- Recommendations for specific support
3. For fall semester, is best to book an appointment with us in July or August as:
- Student Loan program applications open
- Any tech/support can be arranged early in the academic year
- Further screening/referrals may be required
4. Prepare yourself for differences in support compared to high school:
- More independence
- More responsibility
- Less personal support time
- Increased demands/stressors
- Accommodations may differ from those provided at high school
5. If you are interested in AB Disability funding, you need to know that:
- Your disability must be permanent
- Documentation must include frequency/severity of impact
- You must have already applied for AB Student Loans
- Note: ADHD, general medical (asthma, diabetes), mental health conditions are often denied
6. Prior to attending our Centre, it can be beneficial to write a list of accommodations you previously received in order to discuss:
- What helped you
- What did not work well for you
- Other supports you would like to try