The ALC - Accessible Learning Centre provides specialized supports, services, technologies, and accommodations to students with documented permanent disabilities, chronic physical and/or mental health conditions. Documentation must be written by a qualified health care practitioner including a Physician, Psychologist, Psychiatrist or Medical Specialist.
Documentation of Permanent Disability should include the following for the most comprehensive accommodation plan:
- Diagnosis (including any DSM codes) and Prognosis
- Severity and Frequency of symptoms
- Impact to Academics ***
- Recommendations for support (exam accommodations, in class supports, services and technologies)
- This must be dated and signed by an appropriate health care practitioner on official letterhead or clinic stamp.
1. If you are interested in applying for grants and/or funded supports, the Government requires detailed documentation of disability.
2. If you are interested in registering for exam accommodations only, you may submit your High School IPP/IEP, or Physician's note for screening of eligibility.
3. If you do not have documentation available, you are welcome to provide our External Confirmation of Disability Form to your medical practitioner to complete, or to use as a reference when writing their own letter.
[This is a SAMPLE. Completion of this form is not required if you already have documentation].