- Assignment: bold indicates a delegated task
- Recommendations: italics
- Ken Heidebrecht, Marlo Steed, Lorraine Beaudin, Kevin Orr
- Regrets: Len Sproule, Robert LeBlanc, Robin Bright, Scott Powell, Josh Markle, Jeff Meadows (Teaching Centre)
- no Technology Innovation Fund proposal to adjudicate
Technology Support Report (Scott):
Teaching Centre (Jeff):
Instructional Support (Ken):
Items for Information
Items for Action
Supervision Video Systems
As a committee, we decided to focus on the first two apps (those seemed the most promising) and everyone will try to explore those options as time permits before our next meeting. We determined that we need to act quickly if we want to pilot this in the Spring semester with PS III distant placements, so we decided to meet again:
Asynchronous Video Systems for Supervision
Standard pricing = $57 USD per user per year (for under 100 users)
I have a meeting with them on Monday to get a demo and more information.
- No equipment needed to purchase. Can use any camera.
- Instructors can make time-coded comments throughout video.
- Many reports and analytics available.
- Secure cloud storage of videos
- Has an excellent website with a lot of information and support available.
- Originally designed for teachers in higher education. Over 4 million videos submitted.
Swivl Teams https://www.swivl.com/
Pro account: $75 USD per user per year
Standard users are unlimited and free of charge, but have many restrictions (basically just able to upload the videos)
Demo page login: email@example.com Education2021
Can activate a 30-day Pro trial as an option.
- Can work with Swivl CX Robot that can rotate and follow teachers around the room. (no idea what that costs yet…)
- Can also use the Swivl app on mobile devices.
- Uses a website to host, edit and collaborate on the videos after.
- Used by over 50,000 schools so far.
- Can share to individuals, groups, or by weblink.
- Lots of options for downloading the video or just audio sections and analytics including speech analysis.
- Can create teams and manage different groups. The Admin account has lots of powers to control and customize things.