Any research project with human participants will be submitted to the University Human Subject Research Committee (HSRC) for ethics review. This includes:
- faculty research
- graduate Projects and Theses
- undergraduate and graduate independent studies
The approval or waiver must be obtained prior to the recruitment and data collection phases of the study.
The centralization of the ethics review process facilitates continuing ethics review and oversight of all human research affiliated with the University, as well as communication between the Office of Research & Innovation Services (ORIS) and researchers regarding legal requirements for ethics review of health information research. For information see: Tri-Council Policy Statement on the Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
Human Research Application Forms
Human Research Study Reporting Requirements
Researchers conducting studies with human participants must submit an annual status report for studies exceeding one year in length or an end-of-study report for projects lasting less than one year. Reports are to be submitted to email@example.com.
Research in Zone 6 Schools
University of Lethbridge Contacts
- University of Lethbridge Office of Research Services
- Office of Research Services (ORIS) - Susan Entz, Research Ethics Officer
- Faculty of Education - Christy Audet, Research and Placement Services