The U of L Early Start Experience
This is a special offering of Lib Ed 1500, The First Year Experience, specially designed to promote student success and to ease the transition from high school to university for incoming first year students.
- Get a full course credit for a special enhanced version of LBED 1500, The First Year Experience: Mapping our Communities.
- Build social networks with a diverse group of incoming students.
- Develop the skills & resources needed to be successful in university.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted, as long as space remains, until August 19, 2022.
Dates: August 22 to September 2, 2022
Cost: Standard uLethbridge tuition fees for one course (part of student’s total 40 courses)
- Early Move-in to Residence ONLY for those staying in selected Residence Housing (Kainai House only) for 2022 year. Early move-in cost for two additional weeks TBD.
- Meal plan is required for those living in Residence. Cost TBD.
1. Acceptance to the Early Start Experience is conditional on being accepted to uLethbridge for the Fall 2021 term. ESE is open to students in all majors/programs.
2. Registration: You will be registered in Summer Session III for the course LBED 1500, as an Open Studies student. Complete the Open Studies application form (PDF) at ulethbridge.ca/sites/ross/files/imported/forms/OpenStudiesRegForm.pdf and select “Early Start” in the last section.
3. There is an initial $140.00 fee ($40.00 open studies fee/$100.00 tuition deposit). Once you send in the form you will be contacted about payment information.
4. What will it be like? | The program will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, Monday to Friday, starting on the morning of Monday, August 22. (Note: We will end at noon on the last Friday, September 2.)
But we are not expecting you to sit through lectures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day for two weeks! There will be 2 to 3 hours of lecture per day most days, but that will be broken up and interspersed with lots of activities, tours, discussion time etc.
To get more information, get on our mailing list, or to receive the application forms, please contact
Dr. Shelly Wismath
Dean, School of Liberal Education
Hear what past students and teaching assistants have to say about ESE - https://youtu.be/YNWJfnY-iuM