- Recipients must hold a degree, certificate and/or diploma from the University of Lethbridge.
- Awards cannot be given to current members of the University’s Board of Governors or the ULAA Council.
- Awards will not normally be granted to current staff members, unless they have demonstrated commitment and excellence beyond the scope of their duties.
- Posthumous nominations will not be considered.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Recipients must be willing to act as alumni ambassadors participating in podcasts, written stories, videos and/or other activities.
- Typically, recipients of an award will be formally recognized at an awards ceremony in the Fall. Recipients may be required to be available to attend the event on Friday, October 16, 2020 to receive the award in person.
- The Distinguished Alumnus/na of the Year may be required to attend Fall convocation on October 17, 2020 in addition to the awards ceremony.
Distinguished Alumnus/na of the Year Criteria
This premier award recognizes a University of Lethbridge alumnus/a, or honourary alumnus/a, whose accomplishments in the public, private or not-for-profit sector have earned national and/or international prominence as a result of their exceptional professional achievements and/or service to society.
Outstanding/significant will be characterized by qualities including but not limited to:
- Prominence and acclaim in chosen field
- Consistent and comprehensive record or excellence and achievement beyond the norm
- Persistent effort and courage in the face of adversity
- Innovative and effective approaches to challenging problems
- Ongoing and positive effect on their field and/or other people
Young Alumnus/na of the Year
This award recognizes a young alumnus/a (aged 35 or under) whose accomplishments are of such excellence that they provide inspiration and leadership to University of Lethbridge students and fellow young alumni. The recipient has shown significant leadership either in their professional career and/or community, public or humanitarian service.
Alumni Honour Society
This award recognizes the outstanding contributions made over the years by University of Lethbridge alumni in the U of L community, their local communities or beyond.