It's Your Time to Shine!
At the University of Lethbridge Calgary Campus, there are 3 possible undergraduate-level credential programs with the Dhillon School of Business which can be purused and completed through our location. Click on the below links for more information:
- The Bachelor of Management (BMgt) Degree
- Admission Streams (1-of-3):
- Pursuable BMgt Majors (1-of-5):
- General Management
- Human Resource Management & Labour Relations
- Undergraduate Diploma (undergraduate-level micro-credential)
- Management Certificates (undergraduate-level micro-credentials)
- Post-Bachelor Certificates in Accounting - CPA accredited (undergraduate-level micro-credentials)
- Pursuable PBC-ACCT credential streams (1-of-3):
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Advanced Accounting
- Combined Certificates
In May 2018, the Dhillon School of Business joined the ranks of the world’s top business schools by achieving accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. Of the 21 publicly-funded institutions in Alberta, the Dhillon School of Business is one of three accredited. Only 6% of business or management schools have AACSB accreditation worldwide.
What AACSB accreditation means for our school
Being accredited by AACSB means we are committed to continually improving the quality of business education we offer. Our programs will challenge our students in a way that will prepare them for the ever-changing global business landscape through relevant, rigorous coursework.
Research shows that AACSB accredited schools have:
- more demanding hiring standards for their faculty, meaning our students are taught by leading experts in their field;
- undergraduate and masters students with higher overall GPAs; and
- the majority of their alumni in senior-level or higher positions five years after graduation.
And this is just the start, with AACSB accreditation, we’ll be held accountable to 15 high-quality standards which are reviewed every five years. That means we’ll be innovating the way business education looks for decades to come.
What AACSB accreditation means for our students
The accreditation process ensures that our students are learning the most current material for their fields of study and that through it all we’re connecting them to the global business landscape at large.
Research shows that students who graduate from an AACSB accredited school benefit in many ways:
- they are contenders for jobs from top, global corporations who only hire from AACSB accredited schools;
- they are often offered more competitive salaries;
- they have a better chance of getting into graduate programs; and
- they have more employers interested in them after graduation.
Ultimately, as AACSB alumni, our students will be prepared to lead effectively, taking their place among the world’s most influential entrepreneurs and business leaders.