Student Quick Links
How can an academic advisor help me?
Although you are responsible for your own registration and for ensuring you meet graduation requirements, academic advisors will provide advice and assistance throughout your program. Advisors will help you plan your program so you have a balanced workload, graduate on time and meet the requirements of chosen professional designations.
Advisors can also help you sort out course conflicts. If you encounter academic or personal difficulties, they can provide advice and referrals.
When should I seek help from an advisor?
We encourage you to contact an advisor at your campus advising office before you start your studies at the University of Lethbridge and then at least once during the academic year. You should also see an advisor if you have questions or are having difficulties.
What should I do to prepare for a meeting with an advisor?
One of the best parts of University is that you get to enroll in classes that interest you – therefore, you are strongly encouraged to take the time to identify the courses that resonate with you as a student and prepare course options before seeing an Academic Advisor.
During your advising consultation, your Academic Advisor will ensure your choices are appropriate for your degree program and will assist you with any unforeseeable challenges that might arise.
- Check out our FAQs to see if you can find the answer to your question(s) and write down your remaining question(s).
- Ensure you have paid your tuition in full so you can register for classes for the upcoming semester.
- Review your Program Planning Guide (PPG) or most recent Degree Evaluation Report to determine which courses you have completed and which ones you still require.
- Review the Timetable, or Courses section of the Academic Calendar and determine prerequisites, corequisites and Liberal Education requirements for your course selections.
- Use a Registration Worksheet to build your class schedule.
Your Academic Advising Team
- Kristin Galicia (last names A-K), 403.571.3360 ext. 4686
- Sydney McNally (last names L-Z), 403.571.3360 ext. 4674
Contact your Academic Advising team by emailing email@example.com.