The Role of an Advisor
Academic Advisors, or Program Specialists, are individuals whose scope of expertise center around the faculty-specific policies and procedures associated with a given (undergraduate-level) credential program. An advisor's services can include, but are not limited to:
- Course selection and sequencing
- (Optimal) Graduation pathway planning
- Conducting final program checks (for those who are registered in their final semester of courses)
- Facilitating requests for: Incompletes (I), Withdrawals with Cause (WC), Final Exam Deferrals, and Final Grade Appeals (where merited)
- Interpreting and clarifying Academic Calendar regulations and providing rationale or advocacy, where necessary
- Identifying success barriers and recommending appropriate resolution strategies
- Providing referrals during instances of academic or personal difficulty, where possible
Each uLethbridge faculty and campus will have their own dedicated team of advisors who are explicitly trained on the program requirements belonging to their specific area.
Your Calgary Advising Team
IMPORTANT: All Academic Advising consultations (drop-in or virtual/remote) at the Calgary Campus are exclusively reserved for active, Calgary-based, undergraduate students only.
*Non-Calgary or non-admitted learners, please see our Special Notes section below
|**Temporarily suspended until Mon, Jan 24 (at the earliest), due to COVID-19 (Omicron variant) measures.|
|VIRTUAL/REMOTE||Monday - Friday, 10:00am - 6:00pm (MST) (Zoom or phone)|
|Book a Virtual/Remote Advising Appointment:||
To schedule an appointment, you will need to log-in to your U of L Outlook 365 account using the same username + password credentials as your Bridge account. Student selects intended date + time slot, with respect to what is available at the time of booking.
Please allow between 2-3 business days (at a minimum) for a response, especially during peak periods.
1) Those who are actively pursuing either a graduate program OR a Lethbridge Campus-exclusive undergraduate program, must contact their respective faculty advising team instead for course selection or program planning guidance, as per the below table:
|Credential Program||Faculty||Advising Inbox|
|BA, BSc, BASc, ISSC, or PPTP||Faculty of Arts & Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|BFA or BMus||Faculty of Fine Artsemail@example.com|
|BEd||Faculty of Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|BN, BNAD, or NPP||Faculty of Health Sciences (NURS area, only)||email@example.com|
|(Lethbridge-admitted) BHSc, BTR||Faculty of Health Sciences (ABHL, ADCS, PUBH, and TREC areas)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|(Lethbridge-admitted) BMgt, Mgt Cert, PBC-ACCT||Dhillon School of Business (especially for those who are pursing Lethbridge-only DSB majors such as: CPSC, ECON, IGBM, IMGT, and POLI)||email@example.com|
|Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Masters, or PhD||School of Graduate Studies||
Will vary by program
2) Prospects/non-admitted inidividuals who are mostly seeking admission-related information OR, former students/alumni who are thinking of coming back to the university to pursue another/different credential program, must consult our Future Students page first and subsequently email firstname.lastname@example.org should they have any further questions which could not be sufficiently answered on our site.