Are you hiring a contractor or service provider to conduct work for the University of Lethbridge?
The University of Lethbridge CONTRACTOR SAFETY STANDARD defines responsibilities and procedures that must be followed when contractors,suppliers and service providers are hired to conduct work for the University.
All contractors are required to meet or exceed the Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulation and Code, and conduct their activities in accordance with the applicable University's policies and procedures.
University policies, occupational health & safety regulatory requirements and University insurance requirements apply. This includes the following:
- U of L Environment, Health & Safety Policy
- U of L Procurement of Goods and Services Policy
- U of L Financial Approval Authority Policy
- Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulation and Code
For work involving a U of L building or facility system:
- Requires notification and approval by the Facilities department. This includes any installation of new equipment, renovation or alteration of existing facilities/ equipment, or interface with building systems, etc.
- Contact Facilities PRIOR to hiring a contractor or service provider.
For work involving contractors or service providers (e.g. equipment repair personnel):
- University employees that hire contractors and service providers are responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and applicable University procedures. Contractor pre-qualification may also be required.
- Contact Safety Services for advice and assistance PRIOR to hiring a contractor or service provider.
COVID-19 - Contractor Requirements
- All contractors must comply with any provincial mandates that are in place.
- Masking requirements will remain in place until the end of the Spring 2022 semester. This means wearing a mask in all public spaces. Following the conclusion of the spring semester, masking will be optional.
- Assess your health and DO NOT attend campus if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Information is subject to change. It is the responsibility of the contractor to verify current requirements prior to accessing Campus.
- Contact Safety Services for questions or assistance.
Preferred Contractor Safety Prequalification
The University of Lethbridge uses safety prequalification as a method to develop and maintain a list of preferred Contractors who meet the minimum safety standards to be considered for completing work at the University. Contractor Safety Pre-qualification forms are provided HERE.
For more information, contact Safety Services.