Are you hiring a contractor or service provider to conduct work for the University of Lethbridge?
The University of Lethbridge CONTRACTOR SAFETY STANDARD defines responsibilities and procedures that must be followed when contractors,suppliers and service providers are hired to conduct work for the University.
All contractors are required to meet or exceed the Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulation and Code, and conduct their activities in accordance with the applicable University's policies and procedures.
University policies, occupational health & safety regulatory requirements and University insurance requirements apply. This includes the following:
- U of L Environment, Health & Safety Policy
- U of L Procurement of Goods and Services Policy
- U of L Financial Approval Authority Policy
- Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulation and Code
For work involving a U of L building or facility system:
- Requires notification and approval by the Facilities department. This includes any installation of new equipment, renovation or alteration of existing facilities/ equipment, or interface with building systems, etc.
- Contact Facilities PRIOR to hiring a contractor or service provider.
For work involving contractors or service providers (e.g. equipment repair personnel):
- University employees that hire contractors and service providers are responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and applicable University procedures. Contractor pre-qualification may also be required.
- Contact Safety Services for advice and assistance PRIOR to hiring a contractor or service provider.
COVID-19 - Contractor Requirements
- All contractors must comply with the University's requirements for accessing campus as well as the University's COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Principles
- Prior to November 1, 2021, proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or a negative COVID-19 Rapid Test result within 72 hours will be required to attend Campus.
- Effective November 1, 2021, all University community members (including contractors) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have provided Proof of Vaccination before attending Campus.
- Assess your health and DO NOT attend campus if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Before accessing Campus, download the ULethbridge Safe App or go to the website. Follow the prompts to provide proof of vaccination status.
- Information is subject to change. It is the responsibility of the contractor to verify current requirements prior to accessing Campus.
- Contact Safety Services for questions or assistance.
Preferred Contractor Safety Prequalification
The University of Lethbridge uses safety prequalification as a method to develop and maintain a list of preferred Contractors who meet the minimum safety standards to be considered for completing work at the University. Contractor Safety Pre-qualification forms are provided HERE.
For more information, contact Safety Services.