A Review Committee will consider individual, or team nominations based on the criteria listed below. A team’s overall performance and contribution must be identified, and each team member’s integral role should be demonstrated. Among the factors considered by the Committee will be:
Enhancement of University Reputation
• What has the nominee done that enhances the reputation of the University?
• Are they a good ambassador for the U of L, both internally and externally?
• If you called a contact inside and outside of the University, what would they say?
• Does the nominee volunteer outside of normal work hours?
• Does their schedule permit volunteerism?
Provision of Excellent Service
• What sets the nominee apart from co-workers?
• Is the nominee consistently going above and beyond position?
• Is the nominee well known both internally and externally for providing excellent service?
• Has the nominee developed innovative ideas and put these forth?
• Have any of these innovations been implemented?
• Is the nominee the “go to” person who either answers questions or finds the answer for you?
Breadth & Depth of Impact
• Does the nominee have the ability to impact others? If so, have they taken any initiative to broaden their scope? Internally and externally?
• How does the nominee make a difference to their department? And other departments?
Strength of References
• What do the references say about the nominee?
• Do the references mention interactions with co-workers? Is the nominee well thought of?
• How does the nominee’s work make a difference to co-workers?
The Committee will develop a ‘short list’ consisting of no more than five nominees (for each employee group) whose contributions were, in the committee’s view, the most significant.
As nominations are carried forward for one year, nominees will NOT be notified of their nomination. However, nominators WILL be notified if their nominee was successful or not prior to the announcement of recipients.