Award Quick Look
Deadline: Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Student Status: Full Time
- Permanent Resident
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education
- Master of Arts
- Master of Counselling
- Master of Education
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of Music
- Master of Nursing
- Master of Science
- Master of Science in Management
- School of Graduate Studies
Sponsored by: Soroptimist Foundation of Canada
The Soroptimist Foundation of Canada annually offers several $7,500 grants to female graduate students in Canada to assist them with university studies that will qualify them for careers that will improve the quality of women’s lives. Examples include but are not limited to: providing medical services, providing legal counselling and assistance, counselling mature women entering or re-entering the labour market, counselling women in crisis, counselling and training women for non-traditional employment, and positions in women’s centres.
- $8,500 each
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- A female, (or identifies as female).
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- An accepted registrant in a full-time graduate studies program (Masters or PhD) or professional program at a similar level (medicine, law) in an accredited Canadian university, at the time of the application deadline.
Note: Your university must belong to Universities Canada. A list of these universities can be found on their website https://www.univcan.ca/.
Note ineligible conditions: BA level studies, a medical residency program, attending a college that is not affiliated with a Canadian university.
- Pursuing a course of studies which will lead to a career to improve the quality of women’s lives.
- Committed to working in Canada for at least two years after graduation.
- Intending to use the award for academic studies in the academic year following receipt of award.
- Contributing to your community through volunteer service.
- Needing financial assistance.
An applicant must meet all requirements to qualify for a Soroptimist grant.
An applicant may apply in either English or French.
Completed applications and ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS must be submitted TOGETHER and must be received starting November 1st and no later than January 31st to be considered.
Application & Information:
For more information and the application visit the Soroptimist Foundation website.