In memory of Shelagh Mikulak who was a leader in the library community, an innovator in her field, and an inspiration to those she worked with. Shelagh valued and respected the individuals she worked with throughout her career, mentoring aspiring and established librarians alike. As a long-standing and executive member of the Calgary Law Library Group, past president of the Special Libraries Association of Western Canada, and volunteer with the Canadian Library Association and Canadian Association of Law Libraries, Shelagh dedicated her time to encouraging the professional development of others in her field.
Click here to learn more about Shelagh Neary Mikulak.
- Two awards at approximately $2,000, applied directly to tuition.
- Be enrolled in a Library and Information Sciences or Library Technician program, (Certificate, Diploma, or Graduate degree) who demonstrates a passion for the library sciences field.
- Be in any year of study at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Provide one letter of reference.
To apply, please visit the Calgary Foundation website.