Award Quick Look
Deadline: Friday, October 14, 2022
Student Status: Full Time
- Permanent Resident
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Science
- School of Graduate Studies
This Scholarship was created by Dr. Karl C. Ivarson through a bequest to the Agricultural Institute of Canada Foundation. In establishing this award, Dr. Ivarson wished to support students from his home province of Alberta in their pursuit of studies in agricultural sciences or related discipline.
- $10,000 Masters/$17,000 PhD
- Canadian or permanent resident
- Registered in a full-time masters or doctorate program in the area of agriculture or related discipline
- Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for subsequent awards.
- Must be from Alberta as defined by meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- An applicant with a permanent residence in Alberta, Canada for a minimum of 12 months prior to the application deadline.
- A student studying agriculture or a related discipline at an Alberta university.
- A graduate of an Alberta high school or post-secondary institution but studying at a non-Alberta institution.
- An applicant born in Alberta.
- Significant knowledge of and attachment to Alberta, as demonstrated through a series of short term residences including some primary or secondary schooling in Alberta.
- Other (explain).
Instructions: Applications must be submitted electronically. For the application and instructions, visit the Canadian Foundation for Food and Agricultural Education website.