Sponsored by: Government of Alberta
Purpose: Dr. Gary McPherson was a renowned advocate for people with disabilities. He devoted himself to inspiring leadership and bringing out the best in everyone. He was a member of the Order of Canada, the Alberta Order of Excellence and both the Edmonton and Alberta Sports Hall of Fame.
This scholarship recognizes students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership, especially in the area of disability, and/or initiative to improve the conditions and lives of others.
- 100 awards of $2,000 each.
- be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident,
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student’s spouse/partner has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 12 consecutive months prior to the person attending post-secondary studies.
- be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program: undergraduate, graduate, apprenticeship, diploma or certificate program at a designated Alberta institution in the year of nomination, and
- have shown outstanding leadership, especially in the area of disability, and/or initiative to improve the lives of other people while attending a post-secondary institution in Alberta
Apply online through the University of Lethbridge’s awards, scholarships and bursary application portal.