Canadian Blood Services offers a Graduate Fellowship Program to attract and support young investigators to initiate or continue training in the field of blood transfusion science. This program is offered to graduate students who are undertaking full-time research training in a Canadian graduate school leading to a Ph.D. degree. While priority will be given to candidates enrolled in a PhD Program, applications from candidates enrolled in an MSc Program will be considered in particular if, at the candidate’s institution, it is not possible to register directly in the PhD stream. Candidates registered solely for a Master’s degree will not be considered.
- Agency's Deadline: November 29
- $25,000 + $1000 Research allowance with an additional travel allowence
- Enrolled in or entering a PhD program
For the Applications and supporting material visit CBS website.
CBS has active research programs within transfusion science and applications will be evaluated for relevance to the current priorities:
- Promoting appropriate blood product utilization
- Ensuring an adequate blood product supply
- Minimizing the adverse effects of blood product transfusion
- Optimizing blood product quality
- Replacing or improving blood products through new therapies or technologies.
All applications submitted must fall within these research priorities. If you are uncertain whether your research idea fits within these priorities, please contact the Associate Director, Research, prior to submitting your application.
NOTE: It is advised that student keep a copy of the submitted application for their records.
Candidates are required to submit a completed application form that is available at CBS