The Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic achievement of students pursuing graduate studies in Alberta. It was established to incent the best and the brightest students, including international students, to study in Alberta. The number of awards available within each faculty is based on the previous years' full-time enrollments. There are funds designated for Domestic/permanent residents, FNMI, and International students
- No deadline - no application required
- $11,000 for Masters students
- $15,000 for Doctoral students
- New and continuing students enrolled full-time in a Masters or Doctoral program
- Current students must have earned a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 or greater; students where no graded coursework is available, the admission GPA will be used.
Must be residing in Alberta (must have current Alberta mailing address in the Bridge)-for 2020/21 academic year this criteria has been suspened.
- Must be in good standing in your program not on extension (FNMI students on extention are eligible however preference will be given to those within their program time)
- Academic achievement
- Preference givien to students not holding additional major awards