Ways to pay

On-line Banking

All students who currently have outstanding tuition fee balances are to now make their payments through online banking, until further notice.

Please see below:

  • Bill payment via online banking (Link to process: https://www.uleth.ca/financial-services/payment-methods)
    • Log-in to your respective Canadian financial institution’s website or mobile app (e.g. TD Canada, CIBC, RBC, Scotiabank etc.).
    • Create a “Payee Profile Payee" = University of Lethbridge (the name may vary from bank-to-bank)
    • Enter your “Account Information” à Account Number = 9-digit student ID number
      • If needed, your 9-digit U of L student ID number can be found in the top right-hand corner of any 3rd-level menu option within your Bridge account.
    • Allow between 2-5 business days for processing
    • E-transfers will not be accepted for tuition payments


*Individual owing balances can be viewed on your Bridge account (www.uleth.ca/bridge > “Student” tab > Student Account > either “Account Summary by Term” or “Account Detail for Term” > See “Term Balance”/”Account Balance” line item in appropriate report).


Co-operative education

This is an option for Management students who have completed at least one year of studies. Students on work terms (four to twelve months in length) are generally paid up to $2,000 per month by their co-op employers. Many co-op students report that they have benefited from this on-the-job learning that is integrated with their studies.


Government student financial assistance

The federal and provincial governments offer many post-secondary students financial aid in the form of student loans and grants. These loans and grants are awarded on the basis of financial need. You must apply for student financial assistance through the province you are considered to be a resident of. The appropriate provincial or territorial authorities will then evaluate your application and provide funding, based on your assessed financial need. The Scholarships and Student Finance Office at the U of L provides access to application forms and advice concerning the federal and various provincial student financial assistance programs.


Personal student loans

If you do not qualify for a government student loan, many banks offer personal student loans or student lines of credit. Unlike government student loans, these loans are not based on financial need. To qualify for these loans you generally must have a co-signer (e.g. parent or guardian) and you are encouraged to have a regular part-time job so that you can make your monthly interest payment.


Immigrant Access Fund

The Immigrant Access Fund provides micro loans to immigrants who need help to pay for the costs associated with obtaining the Canadian accreditation, upgrading or training that will allow them to work in their profession or trade. An IAF loan can help you if you are struggling to pay for the costs of your Canadian accreditation, training, or upgrading. Read more about this program at www.iafcanada.org



The University of Lethbridge offers a wide range of scholarships and bursaries which serve to recognize the achievements of students who pursue their university education at the UofL and can be used to defray your education costs. These awards are granted based primarily on academic proficiency. Other criteria (e.g. financial need, leadership potential, community involvement, artistic ability) may also be considered. Find out more on the Scholarships and Student Finance website.