- Health & Safety
- Wear appropriate PPE (Safety Glasses and Hearing Protection).
- The saw guide must be adjusted within one-fourth inch of stock to be cut before power is turned on.
- Do not allow fingers to come closer than two inches to saw when cutting stock.
- Do not allow hands across the saw line when operating bandsaw.
- Do not stand at right hand side of bandsaw machine. A serious accident might result if saw should break.
- If necessary to back saw out of a long cut, power should first be turned off and machine allowed to come to a dead stop.
- Be sure the radius of your cutting is not too small for the width of the blade of the saw.
- Cylindrical stock must never be cut on bandsaw.
- Stock must not be cut on the bandsaw unless such material is firmly supported against downward thrust of the saw. Do not saw into the toe of a long bevel cut unless the toe is on the table.
- If bandsaw blade should break while machine is in operation immediately shut off power before changing blade. A rhythmic click may indicate a cracked blade. Shut off the machine and change out blade.
- If help is needed to support heavy or long work, the helper should never pull or guide the work. He supports the weight, the operator runs the machine.