- To avoid requests for refunds, please ensure you can fully commit to the program before you register.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing to the Director of the Conservatory of Music (Attention: Breeanne Fuller - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Private lessons will be refunded as follows: The instructor will be asked to confirm how many lessons (received and/or missed/forfeited) have taken place. You will then be refunded the remaining balance, LESS an additional 4 lessons that will be deducted from the total refund owing (roughly an additional month of lessons).
- Example: If you pay for 30 lessons, and you have taken 4 and missed 1, your refund will be: 30 - 4 - 1 - 4 = 21 lesson refund.
- PLEASE NOTE: No refunds will be considered after the private lesson package has expired (packages expire 1 year from date of purchase).
There is a $20 cancellation/$10 transfer fee charged for each activity/program cancellation or transfer (not applicable for private lessons - see above), and request for cancellations/refunds must be received in writing. Refunds/transfers will not be considered within 1 day prior to the commencement of the activity/program.
Cancellation requests received within 2-7 working days prior to the commencement of the activity/program, are eligible for 50% of the course fees refunded (NOTE: the materials portion of registration will not be refunded due to materials needing to be ordered well in advance).
Refund requests received after the start of the group class or ensemble will be considered on an individual basis, however, in most cases, no refunds will be considered after the commencement of the class. No Refunds can be considered after the commencement of the summer camps.
Missed lessons - Rescheduling Policies for Private Lessons
- Lessons cancelled by the student are made up at the discretion of the instructor, but in most cases, the missed lessons are forfeited. Please understand, weekly lesson times are set aside for you at the beginning of the year; by you missing 1 weekly spot, it is a time that the instructor can not fill with a new student and time in our studios that sits vacant, since you will be returning the following week. Please read this interesting article regarding cancellation of music lessons. We have found that this may help put our cancellation policies into perspective.
- In most cases, student's planned holidays, if they fall during regular teaching weeks, count as regular lessons, and are forfeited.
- COVID-19 Missed Lesson Update: If you need to miss an in-person lesson due to exposure to COVID-19, symptoms requiring isolation, or travel requiring isolation, please notify your instructor immediately, and they will ensure your lesson is scheduled virtually (online), rather than in-person. In most cases, there will be an alternative way to schedule it so you do not need to forfeit that lesson.
- If possible, please let your instructor know at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend a scheduled lesson; call your instructor directly to indicate an absence (if you have difficulty reaching your instructor, please contact us, but please note we may be unable to pass on urgent messages).
- Any cancelled lesson initiated by an instructor will be made up.
Students CAN NOT attend lessons or Conservatory group classes or ensembles if they are exhibiting signs and symptoms of any contagious illness, and especially COVID-19.
CMOH Order 05-2020 legally obligates any person who has the following: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat (that is not related to a pre-existing health condition) to be in self-isolation (quarantine) for 10 days from the start of the symptoms, or until symptoms resolve, whichever take longer. If they are exhibiting any of these symptoms, it is suggested they complete the COVID-19 Self-Assessment online tool to determine if they should be tested.
Instructors may ask students to leave their studio or classes if they seem to pose a health risk to other students or the instructor. Students who can not attend a lesson due to illness will forfeit that lesson if it falls during the regular teaching schedule (please see above regarding virtual lesson options).
Please do not attend lessons if you are feeling ill or believe you have an illness that can be spread to other students or our instructors. We all need to work together to flatten the curve!