What is HYRS?
HYRS is the Heritage Youth Researcher Summer Program. This six-week consecutive program runs annually, at the University of Alberta, the University of Calgary, and at the University of Lethbridge.
The 2018 program at the University of Lethbridge will run:
- July 12 to August 23, 2018
During this program, students will:
- Participate in hands-on work with Alberta Innovates-funded research groups at the University of Lethbridge
- Join a team of Phd, Master and Bachelor students
- Work on multidisciplinary projects which may include:
- Healthcare Policy
- Molecular Imaging
- Recreational Therapy
- Work in areas on the cutting edge of science not yet in textbooks
However, HYRS is much more than laboratory research! Additional activities include:
- Guest speakers talk about their careers in research
- Field trips to research facilities
- HYRS Showcase Night where students invite their parents, mentors, and members of the public to view their research in a symposium setting at the U of L
- Explore an Alberta university campus
- Meet other students with similar interests
Listen to what past students had to say about their uLethbridge HYRS experience.